Fergus Garber Young Architects
Presented a LEED Platinum Passive House Palo Alto Residence
THE LOWELL RESIDENCE
Houses of the Spanish Colonial Revival style have their antecedents in temperate climates like Palo Alto’s. With it’s thin massing and stucco walls with deep set openings, the Lowell house utilizes the style’s more austere exterior characteristics to drive the owner’s energy and design goals and frame their more modern interior design aesthetic. The homeowners actively monitor their water, energy and phantom load consumption to frequently tune their use of the house.
- SiteSage monitors electricity use by circuit, PV production, net consumption, etc.
- Net positive energy with 23,422 Kwh/yr PV production
- Messana radiant cooling and heating system
- Daikin Altherma air to water heat-pump
- High efficiency appliances
- High efficacy lighting
- 75% better than Title 24
MATERIALS & HEALTH
- Enhanced outdoor air ventilation
- Advanced structural framing
- FSC, reclaimed & recycled framing & finishes
- Third party performance testing
- Low and zero VOC paints
- Pumpless greywater system for irrigation
- BaseManager smart irrigation controller
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Permeable paving
- Over 60% reduction in potable water for irrigation
EVENT PHOTO GALLERY
MESSANA Radiant Cooling was a proud sponsor of this successful event organized by the AIA Santa Clara Valley on August 20th, 2015.
A special Thank You to all participants, AIA Santa Carla Valley, Fergus Garber Young Architects and Stuart Bernstein to host this interesting home tour in his beautiful high-tech house!
The Messana Team
#AIA Santa Clara Valley
#Messana Radiant Cooling